Platinum Edge offers specials discounts for groups, veterans and those that are unemployed. See our discount information below.
Go Platinum- and experience what world-class training can do.
Our immersive instructional techniques teach you Scrum by having you do Scrum- just as it is done in the real world. A small sampling of what you'll get:
• Famed thought leader and author of "Agile Project Management for Dummies" Mark Layton, also known as Mr. Agile®, a double MBA who has successfully built multiple companies and understands first hand the business side of Scrum
• All class materials for this highly-interactive class, with examples and exercises that truly enable understanding of Scrum, by one of the few agile consulting firms that have been in business for over a decade
• Post-course assessment and Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) registration for each participant with the Scrum Alliance
• Sixteen (16) PDUs toward PMI’s PMP and PMI-ACP certifications by a PMI Registered Education Provider®
• Sixteen (16) SEUs towards becoming a Certified Scrum Professional (CSP)
• Two-year membership for each class participant with the Scrum Alliance
• A 132-page student guide for note taking and future reference
• Students will also receive a copy of "Agile Project Management for Dummies" book when attending a non-partnership course
This certification course provides an detailed understanding of the scrum team-based approach to iterative development. The course trains participants in the full range of scrum topics, from basic theory to organizational implementation, including practical applications, roles, and scaling.
In addition, this course provides a thorough overview of the product owner’s role within a scrum team for maximizing product business value.
Scrum methods support responsible development that:
• Adapts to volatile business needs and ongoing refinement of business solutions
• Drives efficient and effective production
• Ensures closer adherence to customers’ real-world needs through streamlined planning
• Supports faster deployment of production-grade solutions so your organization can gain market advantage and business value
• Reduces project risk through rapid iterations of development that inform opportunity assessments.
When this course has been completed, attendees will have gained in-depth practical knowledge of the scrum system and its benefits and the product owner role.
This course assumes basic understanding of agile development. Attending our Certified Scrum Master or Agile Essentials class prior to this course is recommended, but not necessary.
Topics included in this course are:
• Scrum concepts
- Theory and principles
- How the scrum system supports agile development increments
- Planning and tracking with scrum
- Shippable functionality
- Product owner, scrum master and
development team roles
• In-depth understanding of the product owner role, including
- Establishing the product goals
- Delivering Return on Investment
- Becoming the expert on product features
- Maintaining the required features in the product backlog
- Estimating requirements with a development team
- Prioritizing product backlog items
- Representing the customer
• Scrum artifacts
- Product backlog
- Sprint backlog
- Burndown charts
• Scrum meetings
- Sprint planning
- Daily scrum
- Sprint review
• Tips on, techniques for and benefits of helping clients and management understand the scrum system.
• How to transition into use of scrum, with a review of management and team challenges associated with the transition, along with strategies to respond to those challenges
Platinum Edge Discounts:
Contact us for special discount codes for:
2 Students: 5% off
3-5 Students: 10% off
6+ Students: 20% off
Veterans: 20% off
Unemployed: 20% off
Multiple Class Sign-Up: Register for a CSM and CSPO class at the same time and receive 20% off
Alumni: 10% off
Money Back Guarantee: Over 1000 Recommendations Can’t Be Wrong
Platinum Edge provides one of the best training programs in the industry. We have so much confidence that you will be satisfied with our training that we offer a 100% money back guarantee. If by the end of the course you are not satisfied, you will receive a full refund of the registration fee.
A full refund will be provided for any reason prior to one week before the start of the class. If less than one week prior to class, you will be charged $100 if you cancel and do not transfer your registration to a future Platinum Edge class.