Jira Fundamentals: Parts 1 & 2
Jira Fundamentals: Parts 1 & 2
This highly interactive course provides a comprehensive introduction to Jira Fundamentals. Students will learn everything from creating projects to customizing workflows to configuring and managing dashboards and reports.
GO PLATINUM – AND EXPERIENCE WHAT WORLD-CLASS
TRAINING CAN DO.
– JUST AS IT IS DONE IN THE REAL WORLD. A SMALL SAMPLING OF WHAT YOU’LL GET:
This class is offered in partnership with PMI to support the local PM community.
This is a highly interactive course where we will be walking through activities together as well as individually. You will create a project and will go through the navigation, issues, issue types, and planning views. We will create filters, customize workflows, as well as create reports and dashboards. This course is for anyone that is new to Jira and familiar with agile principles and methodologies. You will need to create a free Jira account at Atlassian. It is easiest with a Gmail account but can be done with a different email address as well. We recommend a dual monitor setup so that you can view zoom as well as view Jira classwork.
- Account and Project Setup
- Prepare a project to use for subsequent course sections
- Learn about project setup options
- General Navigation
- Define the main sections of Jira screens
- Gain a high level understanding of important features and their screen locations
- Issues and Issue Types
- Define Issues
- Understand the default Issue Types and their hierarchy
- Planning: Roadmap View
- Create Epics and other Issues
- Work in the Issue hierarchy
- Planning: Backlog View
- Navigate and prioritize the Backlog view
- Filter and Group Issues
- Create Sprints
- Project Settings and Customizations
- Update Project Settings
- Create and customize Issue Types
- Create custom fields
- Issue Navigation and Filters
- Search for Issues
- Create and Save filters
- Share filters
- Jira Workflows
- Present an overview of workflows
- Configure board columns
- Add Transition rules
- Learn what Reporting Features are available out of the box
- Create reports to help manage and track your Issues
- Review common uses of Jira Dashboards
- Create dashboards
- Work with common widgets
- Share dashboards
- Company Managed Projects
- Review the difference between Team managed and a Company managed project
- Use releases and versions
- Explore classic board options
- Additional Jira Topics: Company Managed Settings and Schemes, Components and Integrations
- Company managed settings
- Company managed schemes
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
Over 7,000 Recommendations Can't Be Wrong
Platinum Edge provides one of the best training programs in the industry. We have so much confidence that you will be satisfied with our training that we offer a 100% money-back guarantee. If by the end of the course you are not satisfied, you will receive a full refund of the registration fee.
PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE
We have some of the most competitive pricing in the industry. We’ll match any published price on identical classes.
A full refund will be provided for any reason prior to one week before the start of the class. If less than one week prior to class, you will be charged $100 if you cancel and do not transfer your registration to a future Platinum Edge class.
Please see our Frequently Asked Questions page for answers to other common questions.
PMI, PMP, PMI-ACP and the PMI Registered Education Provider logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc CSM and its logo are registered trademarks of Scrum Alliance, Inc.