Plan a wedding. Save for retirement. Find “the one” you want to be with. Teach your children how to set goals and make decisions.
How does scrum make these life-altering events easier? Scrum and other common agile practices walk you through the process of:
- identifying what success will look like (vision);
- setting goals to get there, starting with the most immediate and important goal first (roadmap & release planning);
- starting with something, then trying another thing (sprints);
- learning from it, refining it (inspect & adapt—sprint reviews & retrospectives);
- moving on to the next goal (get to done and release it).
You know where you want to go, but you don’t have to get there right now. Set long-term goals, then break them down into manageable chunks and work the plan one chunk at a time.
This is scrum for your personal life.